
A few weeks back I went to a garage sale and snagged a hammock with a stand (a sturdy one!) for $10. I've been dreaming about owning a hammock in my OWN backyard and thinking how I'd be able to just lay in the hammock and kick back and relax--wouldn't that be nice (Yeah, I know it's only a dream).
Well, I brought it home and the boys put it together and quickly realized that the hammock "hardware" with which to attach the hammock to the stand was missing. So I've got an awesome stand and a just fine hammock...and no hardware. Brennan is pretty ingenious and so he set to work on creating a hanger for the hammock. I let him go after it and figured he'd find something that worked. Well, he called me out to lay in the hammock that he'd strung up and I was so taken with the finished product that I didn't bother to look at HOW he'd done it. I laid in the hammock and we laughed that my bum was nearly on the ground because the hammock wasn't tight enough. Then I went back inside and he kept working on the hammock.
About three hours later Evan came in crying from the yard. I asked him to tell me what happened and he said that he was sorry that he broke my new hammock and that he'd landed on his head on the metal bar of the frame. Ouch!
I went out to inspect the damage and saw the hammock laying on the ground and the ends of the metal frame wrapped with tape. I said, "Um, why is there all this tape at the ends, Evan?" He replied, "Oh, that's what Brennan did. It was holding the hammock together." I looked in awe. For three hours people had been laying in that hammock (including me, remember!?!) held to the main frame with ELECTRICAL TAPE!
About three hours later Evan came in crying from the yard. I asked him to tell me what happened and he said that he was sorry that he broke my new hammock and that he'd landed on his head on the metal bar of the frame. Ouch!
I went out to inspect the damage and saw the hammock laying on the ground and the ends of the metal frame wrapped with tape. I said, "Um, why is there all this tape at the ends, Evan?" He replied, "Oh, that's what Brennan did. It was holding the hammock together." I looked in awe. For three hours people had been laying in that hammock (including me, remember!?!) held to the main frame with ELECTRICAL TAPE!
When Brennan found out that it had "broken" he said, "Oh, I knew I should have used duct tape!".
No comments:
Post a Comment