Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Feelings

So this week the topic of exploration is feelings.....
Counseling this week revealed that one of us in particular has only four words to describe her feelings....happy-sad-frustrated and angry. So, in an effort to help us ALL deal with our feelings we're exploring how we feel and practicing expressing it in an appropriate manner. Good practice for all of us. So, in thinking about my day today--I'll share my feelings. :)
I feel EXASPERATED when my 7 year old son shrieks like a hyena when he wants to get my attention in public.
I feel PEACEFUL when I am sitting at the swimming pool in the sun (which always makes my face happy!) and ALL of my children are happily splashing with their friends.
I feel A SENSE OF LOSS when I realize that my camera is at home when I go to take a picture of the children playing so cheerily at the pool.
I feel HOPELESS when I realize that my children are NEVER full and are ALWAYS hungry no matter how proactive I try to be when packing snacks for the pool. Though I am happy to report that them spending their-own-earned-money at the concession stand is far more thought provoking and meaningful than me just handing them money.
I feel COMPLETELY SPENT when leaving the pool and walking up to the car with five children in tow, one less towel than we came with (for the second time!) and a whole lot more sun than anyone needed in one day.
I feel GRATEFUL when walking in the door my prince sends us ALL to our rooms for some much needed quiet time.
I feel LOVED when my prince says to the children, "I need to spend time with your mom and you're not to bother either of us until I tell you."
I feel THANKFUL that our friends invited ALL of our children to their church VBS this week and that my prince and I get to have date nights--more in a week than we've had since February!
I feel EXHAUSTED after a full day of chasing, sunning, running and mothering.
I feel SATISFIED as I prepare for a night's sleep that today has been a day. I'm reminded of this quote that I love....

Finish every day and be done with it. You have done what you could; some blunders and absurdities crept in; forget them as soon as you can.

Tomorrow is a new day; you shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense."

Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I feel WARM AND FUZZY when I read your blog and think of your precious family.

I love you all.

P.S.
Can I steal Ralph's quote?