Wednesday, January 28, 2009

When Toothfairies Need Memo's

So Monday and Tuesday I worked like a madwoman! This semester I'm teaching two night classes (uggh!) and I don't get home until after nine which means that the kids are in bed.  Monday night it started snowing (and it has continued...we've got A LOT of snow!). Tuesday we woke up to about an inch and a half of the white stuff on the ground and a two hour delay at the kids school. I had to drive north to an appointment by 8 and they did NOT have snow, so I left before they were even awake. My prince handled the morning bus routine (just one of his very many princely qualities!). Then I had to teach last night and finish up things at work so we can go away soon, so.... I didn't see my kids from Monday after school when I drove the car-pool until last night when I tucked them in! Can I just say that my baby boy lost his first front tooth on Monday and I didn't even know? (He looks SO cute and he sounds even cuter!) What kind of mother am I?? Last night I tucked them in and prayed with them and when I went to Evan-the-cutest-boy-without-a-front-tooth, he said, "Mom can you call the tooth fairy and tell her I lost my tooth? I don't think she knows!" Yep, he understands...sometimes the Toothfairy (especially ours!) needs a memo! Poor guy!

No comments: