We've had Juno as our email provider since 1996! Same email addresses and it was pretty much free email until about 4 years ago. Last year we decided to cut down on the email accounts and begin the switch over to our other email address that comes with our internet provider, but the switch is such a pain so we prolonged the agony. By March, my prince was ready to cancel his account because he's so on top of things (I STILL have my account a year later...and I have 4 email addresses! Uggh!). Anyway, he called them last March and cancelled his account, or so we thought.
In November I noticed that there was a debit from Juno in our checking account. Not really alarmed, just noticed. December there were two debits...getting more curious but the debits were less than $10 so still not enough to drop everything and call--but just be aware. Then this month we've had two debits. Now, I'm feeling more like I should figure out what these debits are about, So last night I decided to do more research (it's a theme this week--my prince is away=I do research!). I checked our Quicken and realized that the debits for 2008 were in Jan/Feb and then not anything until november (6.61), december (4.95) and 2 in january (4.95, 9.95). So I called the 800 number and talked to barely-english-speaking-have-to-really-concentrate-on-every-word-to-understand-customer service lady #1 and she said that all of the charges except the $9.95 in January for from my prince's cancelled account--they showed it as cancelled as of March 3, 2008. (Huh??) So she said I had to talk to barely-english-speaking-have-to-really-concetrate-on-every-word-to-understand-customer service lady #2--So, I go through the whole thing again. She verifies my account (Again!) and says that the $4.95 charges are from my prince's cancelled account for "NetZero back-up high speed internet". What? I ask? She says that they offered this service as a back up for our dsl, a service that is $4.95 a month. I told her that I had not ever authorized these charges and that it didn't make any sense that my prince's account went uncharged from March (WHEN IT WAS CANCELLED!) until November when the charges began! She starts to cancel it and then decides to do her sales pitch. No, no, no, no--I say--I'm not interested AT ALL. So, she says she can refund the $4.95 for two months but that's all she is permitted to do. I say "Thanks!". Then I say, "what about the $6.61?" She says, "Oh, I'll have to transfer you." So then I talk to barely-english-speaking-have-to-really-concetrate-on-every-word-to-understand-customer service man #3 and start completely OVER again...After 20 minutes he finally says that he can refund the charge but he won't tell me what it's for...something for NetZero. Isn't this crazy?? So, he says he needs the last four digits of the card no. in order to refund the charge. I don't have the card. It's an old card (remember, we've had our accounts since 1996!). I offer to give him the checking account number its from but he can't use that he has to have the last four digits. I try my bank card...not it...it's my prince's card and he's in Vegas on business! So, nice customer service man suggests that I check on my bank statements from LAST spring and see if I can find it. He listens patiently as I rustle through a year's worth of bank statements to last spring. I even say at one point, "You know I'm really not trying to be difficult here, I don't understand why this has to be so hard." to which he has no response....he obviously thinks I'm being difficult...but I'm not, really, I promise! After quite a bit I find one from last spring and there it is! I tell him the number and it works! He assures me that I will not be charged anymore for any Netzero stuff. Weird, weird, weird. And ALL THAT I did for
$4.95+$4.95+$6.61=$16.51! They will be crediting our account in one to two billing cycles. :)
What in the heck??!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment