
So, I've been challenged to think...really think...of the things that I love about my husband. My aunt has told me that those little things in life that drive you mad about him should be "re-tooled" to be looked at as some of his endearments. It does help to think of them as things that drew me to him, they really probably are AND I know I have a whole lot more than he does when it comes to things that I do that drive him crazy. (He's not driving me crazy this week, lest you think I might be trying to give myself a pep talk...we're actually having a very good week!)So, here's my start...
Things I LOVE About my Husband:
- he does 90% of the laundry (and it's not blue or bleached much anymore!)
- he works hard to know my likes and dislikes...and will bring me treats of my favorites just to say he's thinking of me.
- he is more social than me
- he has lots of facebook friends and invites me to catch up with them too :) very nice since I don't have as many.
- he encourages me to be better...at whatever I tell him I want to be better at.
- he doesn't try to change me.
- he's truly my best friend, the person that I call first thing or think, "Oh I need to tell..."
- I've known him (and loved him) nearly half of my life!
- We've been married longer than I spent in k-12!
- his love relationship with God
- he is a good balance to my personality and I'm really only 1/2 when he's not around!
- his amazing way that he father's our boys
- his willingness to try things even when he's not sure he'll do it 100% right
- the way he gets crazy about the garage being disorganized...when the house is a disaster :)
- the way that he is able to love other people...even those I don't think I could/want to
- his foot rubbing ability
- date nights of Grey's Anatomy (it's coming back soon!)
- spending time just talking about whatever is on our minds...from news to deep thoughts...I love his brain!
- the way he proclaims his love for me publicly by putting up signs in my classroom or my office "my wife rocks" or "she's my beautiful wife" and my student's blush...I'm learning not to blush.
- the ways that he is intentional in teaching our boys stuff...even stuff that I think they're too young to do/know.
- the ways that he spends time with the boys each individually doing things that he knows they love...wrestling for Tres, playing games with Dos and talking and dreaming with Uno.
- the way he carries a plunger!
- his sense of humor and his ability to make me laugh, no matter what.
- spending time with him doing whatever...just being together.
- his "poor memory with names"...and the ways he tries to help with little notes of where they live and what they look like.
- his ability to provide structure in my life.
- his technical skills.
- his commitment to me...no matter how we feel, I know that he's committed for life.
- his love for my crazy family and the way he participates whole-heartedly in whatever craziness we've dreamed up.
- his laugh
- his family and the relationships that we've grown there.
- his hazel eyes with little brown spots
- that I know that the discoloration on his finger from when he put a ring out of a bubble gum machine on for too long when he was very young and it changed his skin color forever (even though that is a little scary!)
- the way he takes me to his home town and drags me around telling me stories of his early years...I really do like it!
- that he had to walk up hill to school and home from school :) and that he tells our kids that!
- the growth I've seen in him since I've known him.
- the way he says, "Well, now..."
- his cooking ability and the fact that he cooks AND cleans!
- he's cleaner than me!
- the fact that God gave him to ME as a gift! Wow! :)
It really wasn't hard to think of this list, you should give it a try...it will be good to come back to when his endearments are making me crazy!
1 comment:
#22!
Post a Comment