Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Messages

Monday my husband and I were supposed to take the day off. He was going to sleep and begin to recover from his huge Expo Las Vegas Week last week and I had ambitions of doing loads of laundry and cleaning our house. We woke up with the kids, got them out the door, took the dog on a walk and then came back to set our goals...he promptly went to sleep and I got to work on the computer. About 11:30 the phone rang and I missed it, then I listened to the messages.

drop.io: simple private sharing


So, I called the Dr. and they said I needed to take him to the ER because they didn't have what we needed in the office. Picked up the boy at school (giggling all the way!) and said to him, "I know that when you do silly things like this you don't really know WHY you do it...but can you tell me why you put the eraser in your ear?" He answered, "I know exactly what I was thinking. I bit off the reraser and I was holding it in my hand and I thought, I think that it will fit in my ear. And it DID!".
Yes, yes it did.
So after a bit of a wait in the ER and lots of giggles from everyone that we talked to (and some comparably funny stories of silly things other people have done in their lifetime...swallowing nickels, watch batteries, Japanese Yen, potpourri beads in the nose, pebbles, etc.) it took the nurse practicioner only about 15 seconds to pull the thing out of the kids ear. Nice.
It was good for laughs that's for sure...and now he's got a great story to tell!

No comments: