Dos turned 8 this past Sunday! :) I look at that picture of him on his fourth birthday and am amazed at how quickly the time has gone! I know, every mom says that...but I really can't believe it. In honor of his 8th birthday I'm going to write 8 things I love, love, love about this guy!1. That he sucks his thumb still...when he's thinking, sleeping, watching tv or anything else just not at school...unless he just needs a "taste" and he drops something on the floor under his desk and has to get it. :) He's literally sucked the fingerprint OFF! It's such a part of his personality that I mourn the day that he stops. I know it's bad for his teeth. I know it's an addiction. But I'm going to miss it when he's outgrown it.
2. That he does something brave or funny or smart and he says, "This will make a great story to tell my friends, Mom!"
3. That he is gentle and kind--he's just an all around good guy. He loves his younger cousins and would rather play their games than his own. His heart is precious!
4. That he is empathetic with anyone who is pained...whether it's a scraped knee or a broken heart. He's very tender and such a good comforter! It's a gift!
5. That he notices when I do decorative things around the house. He's the ONLY one in our house that noticed when I hung new curtains while they slept. He woke up and said, "Wow, I really like the new curtains you hung! Love the colors!"
6. That he is a fast runner! He's a sprinter, not a long distance sort of man. Runs fast from place to place and then sits down to think and rest!
7. That he counts things. He counts chairs at the movie theater, ceiling tiles at the Dr.'s office, forks at dinner...whatever it is...he just likes to know how many there are of things. He's very number oriented...and to someone like me that's just amazing! He gets that from his Dad! :)
8. He likes to spend time with me! He still wants to just sit and hold my hand. He wants to play games with me or lay in my bed and watch tv. He's content to be with me.
I do so love him! Happy 8th Birthday Buddy!
No comments:
Post a Comment