It's been a LONG time since I've written. I've thought about it. Longed to write. But I haven't. The winter at Groovy House was a hard one for me. I went from battling rocks in my kidneys to being lame with a broken right wing and having another surgery--3 in less than 6 months. (Hello insurance deductibles--met on either side of 2012--Dec. 19 and Jan. 3). It was more pain killers. More doctors. More laying low and being quiet. But it wasn't bad. (Did I just write that?) It's been a rejuvenation of the strangest sort. And in the past 3 weeks or so I've finally felt back to my old self...er, my new-old-self.
I'm more settled.
My family is more settled.
The Groovy House is more settled (not finished or clean per se, just more settled!).
We're at a good place again in this roller coaster of life. Not that we weren't at a good place when I broke my right arm--we were, it's just that once again He showed us an even better place. An interdependence that we didn't have before. When you have to lean on everyone to do so much for you, you quickly become a team at a deeper level. I've got such great kids and an incredible husband. They did my hair, zipped my pants and helped me with a myriad of other crazy-impossible-for-the-one-armed-tasks for 6 weeks. We made memories, that's for sure!
I'm looking forward to summer. Just a few more days and then it will be here. I'll be flip flop wearing and relaxing with my babies (Ha! Do you know these kids?!). I'm so aware of how big/old they're each getting. Changing. Growing. Maturing. It makes me want to bottle this time with them. Soak it up and wring it out and soak it up again. I love each of them to bursting.
My current job ends at the end of the school year (but the pay/benefits continue until the end of August!) and I'm fighting the urge to have it all figured out. I want SO badly just to enjoy this summer and not worry about what's next. I'm at peace. I'm confident that He knows what it is He wants to take me to next and I'm not at ALL confident what that will be...but I'm at peace.
So, this summer I'm stepping away from the things that I've busied myself with the past summers and focusing on them. I'm feeling the pull of less schedule and more togetherness. Less of me going and doing and more of just being with them. I've got nothing to prove to anyone outside of this house--what matters most is what is going on right here at Groovy House. These precious gifts---they're the best!
Tonight, Boy #1 said, after spending a great day as an extended family together, "Mom, is this what our summer is going to be about? Spending the entire day at the pool and coming home to relax and just do what we want together?"
I hope so, babe. I hope so.
No comments:
Post a Comment