Seriously Fun Being the Hicks Six!
The celebration was rainbow colors. R.O.Y. G. B.I.V. was EVERYWHERE....
The Rainbow Cake was HUGE
(and that was good, cause we had a LOT of people to feed!)
and AWESOME. My mom, the cake lady, ROCKS!!
Rainbow Veggie Cups (from Pinterest)....these were a much bigger hit than the candied popcorn. (Does that speak to how bad the popcorn was??)
We also had a mashed potato bar with all the fixins' and meatballs. But I didn't remember to take ANY pictures BEFORE the party started. Oh, if I could only go back in time and remind myself! Silly!
Then there was the "entertainment"....
On the tables we had journals to color and markers and crayons, galore
But the biggest hit of the night, without a doubt, was the "photo booth". Thanks to the cousints and their MAJORLY cool props...they dressed up ALL night long. Here's a sampling. I've got 300 more if you'd like to see....
At the end of the night we watched a video that My Prince created celebrating our life as the unofficial Hicks Six. It was pretty long, and I felt a little bad for people that they had to sit through it, but it meant a lot to Our Girl. It's her history with us and this part of her life. It was moving for me to look around the room and see ALL of these family and friends who've been on this crazy coaster ride for the past three years WITH US and watched and remembered. We've come a LOOOOOOOOONG way. All of us! And this night was a party to celebrate that.
Woo Hoo!















No comments:
Post a Comment