Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Risk Taking

Tonight we celebrated "Last Day of School Eve" by going to the final band concert of the season for Boy #1. He played the trumpet this year in the 7th grade band and the Jazz band. They were very good. I am positive that when I played the trumpet in the 7th grade that our band wasn't that good (my mom would probably agree).
Then we went to celebrate with our usual after-the-concert-treat...Dairy Queen. Mini-Blizzards all around.
When we came home Dad's car was parked funkily in the middle of the driveway by some crazy driver (it was me) and Boy #1 blurted, "Dad, let me park your car better for you, ok?". My Prince agreed. He said, "The keys are in it." and promptly came inside. We'd been inside for about ten minutes when Boy #1 came barreling in the door. "Hey Dad! Could you come out and give me some guidance with the parking? I put my foot on the brake, put the car in drive and it goes forward without me even touching the gas and it's headed straight for the garage door." My Prince motivates quickly toward the door at this beckoning. They go out for another 2 or 3 minutes and are right back in with Boy #1 chanting, "I parked it. Oh yeah. I parked it. Oh yeah. And I didn't even hit the garage door. Oh yeah. I'm gonna drive in 2 more years. Oh yeah."
I posted the shortened version of this on fb tonight. My friend quickly quipped back,

  • So if your boys can park the van in the garage with no problems... who put the dents in your bumper? :)
    41 minutes ago · 
  • Elisha Hicks That would be their DAD! :)
    39 minutes ago · 
  • The one they ask for guidance in helping park the car? !!!
    38 minutes ago · 
  • Elisha Hicks That's the mystery of Dad's isn't it? They watch him wreck the car and then ask him to help out. Thinking there's something to that....maybe they know he's safer to take risks with than the one who doesn't wreck? ;)
    33 minutes ago · 

No comments: