Thursday, September 9, 2010

Not a Bug!

I am worn out. I know it. Burning the candle at too many ends. Running too fast. Ready for a crash. Kept thinking that since the kids would be in school the Tuesday after Labor Day and I had the day off (my district closes for the Fair for one day) that I would use that day to CRASH--a planned crash...sleeping in, lounging, relaxation, all-about-me-kind-of-day.
With the planned crash approaching, I began to feel under the weather, as did some of my friends. Aidan complained of "not being able to breathe much" ;) My boy has been blessed in this life with major allergies which park themselves in his nose--creating his persona of "Mr. Snuffleupogus". The. Boy. Is. Always. Stuffy.
Over the weekend I felt a little better but still had that nagging feeling of impending doom--something is not quite right. Monday the school called and said there'd be no school on Tuesday for the primary kiddo's as their well had run dry. Seriously. Dry well=No School. Oh--and no "all about me day" :) (I'm not bitter, really, just reporting the facts!). Then early (very early!) Tuesday morning Brennan came into our bedroom with a raging fever and feeling "like I've been lifting heavy things all night". He slept on the floor until daybreak. I looked at him and knew it was going to be a great day. He's not a good patient. Then Snuffy entered. Then the other two who had planned for the day off entered. It wasn't even 7:30 yet.
Decided, "What the heck! Let's ALL stay home, then!". So we did. And it wasn't bad. I took a nap. Handed out the ibuprofen. Passed out the Gatorade. And let the kids do what they wanted. They wanted to watch "My Name is Earl" on Netflix...and they did....all of season 3. :) I'm not proud of it, but it could've been worse. And I did get a nap. And they did NOT fight. I'd say it was a success.
Wednesday everyone went back to school (well, primary kids went to Jr. High since their well is being repaired!) except Brennan. He wanted to go but I told him,
"Buddy, I think you've caught a bug."
and he yelled, "NO MOM, don't say that!"
"Ok, I think you have a virus, then."
"Much better, Mom"
His temperature was still 104 in the shade. He didn't move much or complain...which was good cause I'm still feeling wimpy too. We were low maintenance together. In the afternoon I called the Dr. back and she said that she's guessing that it's strep--she's seen a lot of it in the last week and it's doing weird stuff. She called in an antibiotic for him. I should have asked her to call one in for me too, but I didn't.
Picked it up. Picked Ev up at football. Came home--laid around for a bit while house church finished without me (don't want to share this anymore than we already have!). Went to bed at 8:45 p.m. and woke up with a start, remembering that Freezer Swap is TOMORROW. My Prince came in and I told him that I was going to skip Freezer Swap because I just couldn't get it together. He offered to help. So I let him. I went out to the kitchen to support him. Realized I had missed some key ingredients. Got my shoes on, jamma's off and went to Wal-Mart at 9:45. Uggh. 10:45 we were both in bed...again...with 8 meals in the freezer and me feeling really yuck.
So, today, I'm home with my recovering boy. I called the Dr. and asked for an antibiotic for me. I've gotta snap out of this...this was NOT the crash I'd been hoping for...it hasn't been all about me :) and taking care of other sick folk when you're not feeling good stinks!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Poor you!! All of you!! Feel better quick! Love you!