Last week was my first week back to work after 6 weeks off. I know I shouldn't be complaining about having 6 weeks off, but I want to. The weeks immediately beginning the summer were spent preparing for the big wedding and getting Brazil Boy ready to fly away. Then the next four weeks were spent keeping the other 3 busy and happy while we waited for Brazil Boy to return. Then the last week was spent anticipating his return. Then he returned. Then we took a short staycation. Then...Boom. Reality. Back to work. The thing is...the kids still had three weeks before they had to think about school, so I feel a little guilty, like I'm cutting their summer short because mine is over.
My Prince was able to arrange it so that he could be home with the kids until school starts. I'm SO very thankful for that (and more than a little jealous!). So last week, he worked from home AND kept the kids busy. Family Camp was last week at Ludlow, so they decided to go there on Tuesday night and spend the week. They had a fantastic time. And I worked. It's too far for me to go back and forth from camp (and let's face it, I'm a whimp when it comes to roughing it!), so I stayed home with the dog, got up early and came home late. It was nice to have a few hours to myself each night, but I missed my family. This week begins week #2 for me and two weeks left for the kids before they go back. Trying to make it as much fun as possible for them and still get everything that must be accomplished, done is challenging.
1 comment:
I love you!
Post a Comment