

So last week while DH was away, and I was at work, my wonderful Aunt and Uncle kept the boys for two days. On Thursday morning when she came over to get them on the bus, Uno told her about the Renaissance book fair at school that night and she was said she would love to do that! (Did I mention that she's INCREDIBLE!?!). They could dress up as characters Uno told her, so after school she had all sorts of options for them to create costumes and Uno decided on the Knight and Dos decided on the King. Tres was not feeling dressy, so he opted NOT to dress up! (What!?!) So they went to the book fair and had a great time and then they went home and had pizza.
In between dressing up and eating she also got out the potholder frames and taught them how to make potholders. Just like I used to do as a youngster (although I have to say that the quality of what I worked with and what they have nowadays is not even the same thing...we used to use cotton pieces and a metal frame...today's stuff is so flimsy!) They then opened their own factory and have been making potholder after potholder. They're very taken with them. Who knew potholders could be so fascinating?! Uno is really into patterns and themes for them...he even names them. Dos is more into the team approach..."Mom you do every other row with me ok? You take all the green ones and I'll take all the yellow ones." Tres, well, he does a row every now and then...then he gets a snack, then he plays a game, then he watches some t.v. You get the idea! :) He's six you know!
So after TWO DAYS of being treated like royalty, they had to come home to me...no entertainment every minute, no royal treatment, back to the grind of being home with mom and no dad. We survived and they adjusted.


No comments:
Post a Comment