![]() |
| My baby boys. I just want to squeeze ALL of them again! |
Let me repeat, My BABY is TEN!
Oy.
How can he be 10 already?!
And WHY do I have such a hard time with TEN?? 5, no big deal, Kindergarten, "Get out the door, kid!"; but 10?? It kills me. Something about having less years left with them in my roost than we've had already. And there's something really precious about their age. I LOVE 10 year olds. Independent. Witty. Quirky. Helpful. Enjoy spending time with me. Fun.
And this guy? Oh my, he's all that AND a box of chocolates. He's my favorite 10 year old boy. He's cuddly too.
Yesterday I met him at breakfast with 10 Hershey's candy bars and a birthday balloon.
He grinned from ear to ear and then whispered, "Do you care if I share these with my friends, Mom?" Melt my heart, no, sweet boy, share away. His most favorite candy in the entire planet and he's sharing and even asking for permission, to boot.
During church he stayed close to me. I rubbed his back and cried like a baby as I remembered the day he was born--the LONGEST day of my life. He was a c-section and 3 weeks earlier than his due date and he was a teeny tiny peanut. He had a rapid heart beat and spent his first day on the "outside" away from me. My Prince was there with him, but I couldn't be (except for a drive by in my hospital bed, when I got to peek at him). I was in pain and SO worried about him. Finally after six, very long hours, the NICU nurse decided that he might just need his Mama in order to calm down (and vice-versa!), so she brought him to me. We snuggled and his heart beat and breathing steadied and we've been snuggling ever since. Touch is definitely this guy's language o' love.
He is a lover. He is sensitive to those around him. He listens intently. He is fearless. He tries whatever the olders do and usually does it with more finesse and more grace. He can run with any crowd. Little people LOVE him as do High School Girls. There's just something about him that makes me mushy inside.
He's a keeper.
| He was completely surprised by his gift from us. So fun! |
| He got ANOTHER favorite bar and this one was HUGE (and he shared!). |
| Granny and her mad cake skills strike again! |
At least until he leaves me to go away to college and live on his own...in just eight short years. Sniff. Sniff. Sniff. Bwaaaaaaahhhhh.

1 comment:
aaawww...brought tears to my eyes!! he IS a keeper!! i've got a keeper almost 9 year old girl over here. just sayin'!!! ;)
Post a Comment