Monday, August 8, 2011

Wheeeeee!


So here we go. I tell God (I just love that....telling Him stuff!) not even 12 hours before that I'm strapped in and ready to go...and wake up the next morning to find out that I've been on this ride for quite awhile and it's His grace that is just now allowing me to see the fuller (I'm sure I don't see it all!) picture. Our attorney called and said that he'd met with the judge about our impending court appearance in the matter of keeping our sweet girl. He said that there'd been some changes and he just wanted me to be aware (this is that uphill part on the roller-coaster where you hear all the clicking and know you're about to go for a free fall). He explained that RD had somehow unbeknownst to anyone around here (guess he doesn't recognize his need to share these little details) had gone and added HIMSELF to my girl's birth certificate as her father. He also changed the spelling of her first name (probably a typo on his part, but a change nonetheless). Seriously. He filed the new copy with the court. The issue date was May of this year. It is beyond me how anyone can do this...so we made a few phone calls and found out that in that sunny state down south, you can print out a paper, have birth mom and whomever you like sign as the father and send along $20 bucks. That's all it takes. And Ka'Bam! You get a BRAND new birth certificate (and new name if you want to add any letters!)!
Amazing.
Simply, amazing.
So this changes our plans.
Our date on the 31st is off. No more. We don't have ANY idea how or WHEN this ride is going to take another turn but we ARE sure that He is the ride operator and when it's time to get off, He'll bring it to a complete stop. We're just going to keep all hands, feet and objects in our little car, grip tightly to His hand (and each other) and keep our eyes tightly shut.

No comments: