Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Tumbling Down

After building a VERY full summer of travel abroad for Boy #1, swim team and family fun and then stacking an even fuller fall with back-to-school busy-ness, working again (and driving!), football, and something-every-night-of-the-week scheduling
The tower was leaning and something had to give.
And boy did it give.
Football ended.
Boy#1 became tonsil-less.
Down time.
and he S-L-O-W-L-Y recovered
The week night schedule eased up tremendously
Free nights...ooh what will we do?!
Then Boy #2 came down with strep
last Tuesday
Then Pink Thing continued to be down with the crud
on Wednesday
Then Boy #3 came down
on Sunday
Then I came down
Yesterday I went to have blood work done--suspecting mono. I'm tired but mostly my liver is squawking at me (who woulda thought my liver could communicate with me!?!). But I promised I'd rest and so I am. Uggh.
Today on the phone with a friend I was reflecting on our fall schedule and the tumble we took in the past two weeks and it occurred to me that our schedule has eased up and we've fallen apart. Not sure what this realization means, really, just made me think....
Hmmm.......


1 comment:

Traci said...

Hmmmmmm.....

Glad your schedule has let up and that we can spend some time together. I'm looking forward to it.

We love the Hicks! All of you!

Traci