Wednesday, November 3, 2010

HERE and there

Yesterday was a hard day for me.
I went back to work, leaving my recovering, tonsil-less boy at home with my very capable and concerned Prince.
He was in good hands.
He was being taken care of.
He was being treated royally--chai tea, coffee, anything that they could think of to inspire him to partake of liquids.
So, what was my problem?
It was me.
My problem was me.
My heart wanted to be at home taking care of my boy.
Loving on him and encouraging him to drink (not sure I would have thought of coffee ;) ).
But I had to go there.
I have a contract.
I have responsibilities.
Whatever.
The dread, as I drove, increased.
By the time I got to work, an hour later, I was a wreck.
Walking in, my heart was in my throat and I felt ready to burst into tears.
What in the world?!
Upon further analysis: I think my 4 days off with my boy convinced my brain of something that my heart has known awhile. Those 4 days off my heart was able to say, "This is where you should be--not there, but HERE."
So, for today, I am HERE.
And for not much longer, I'll be there.
Not wanting to make the time rush by because I don't want to miss it, believing that there-- there is some purpose and plan....and yet, counting down the days to June when there will be over and HERE will be, once again!
Don't rush it--but c'mon already!

No comments: