Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Three Hours

The time that I've seen, been with, herded and been seen my children in the past 48 hours. It's been a C-R-A-Z-Y two days since Shawn left for Dolly-world. I taught ALL day Monday (until 9 p.m.) tucked the kids in 20 minutes after I picked them up and went to bed myself. Tuesday I got up, got them up, herded them through the morning routine and out the door to school and didn't see them again until tonight when I watched Aidan's program from afar at his school (just-in-time I got to see his lines and then I had to rush back to my class!) and then when I came home they were all tucked in and snoring--All four of them. I'm feeling my "mom of the year nomination" is on the way, for sure, this week! 
My mom tells me that they are missing me. I am telling you that I am missing them! Three hours is NOT enough! Especially when I think about what they've heard from me in those three hours... very similar to this mom song (If you haven't seen it, you've gotta watch it!).  
Hopefully tomorrow I'll get more time in with them than I've logged all week....it'll be a great reunion! Then I'm sure we'll all need a break from each other again! :) 

No comments: