Oh my goodness, I haven't posted since JULY! The summer was very full--swim team, baseball, family camp, Vacation...then school started again and life went into hyperdrive! It was a sweet summer. Perfect in many ways. I had a recurring thought over and over that "this is a moment in time...gone before I know it...slow down, enjoy it!", so I tried. I really tried to REALLY enjoy it! Not just be consumed by it. I consciously tried to engage in the lives of my boys. Which meant that I ended up not doing as much "other stuff". We have lots of pictures and stories to share from a great summer. I'm very thankful that it was a respite after a crazy emotional roller coaster school year. We so needed it!
I'm also so very thankful that I'm enjoying my children. Each of them is at such a fun stage in their development. Uno is cracking us up with his dry, witty sense of humor and his ability to see through the now and laugh at the funny stuff in life. He loves to cook and clean (his favorite is to clean the toilet...because of the "danger" involved in using the chemicals! What a husband-in-training he is!). He enjoys surprising us with a new chore he's done all on his own accord "just because"--AMAZING. We look at him in awe when he does these things--Wow! You did that just because you wanted to??!!
.jpg)
Dos is maturing and growing and still continues to be the deep thinker of the three. He is so honest. I love it when he shares his heart with me and talks about what really scares him. His thoughts are often the ones that I can relate most to. He has come up with some amazing deep thoughts this summer! We have also found (after going to a new pediatrician!) that he has chronic sinus infections that our old Dr. hadn't been treating...so we're trying to kick the long-standing infection and wondering what he'll be like when he really feels good! :)

Tres continues to make us wonder what he is going to grow up to be. He is crazy-funny, able to keep up with the other two though he's the youngest and determined that he WILL do whatever it is that they do (and maybe even do it better?). His no-fear policy about life is a little scary for us to watch sometimes! He is very strong-willed, exerting his autonomy about life and being reminded (often) that He's not in charge yet. He is going to be 7 soon. Watch out!
.jpg)
Dos is maturing and growing and still continues to be the deep thinker of the three. He is so honest. I love it when he shares his heart with me and talks about what really scares him. His thoughts are often the ones that I can relate most to. He has come up with some amazing deep thoughts this summer! We have also found (after going to a new pediatrician!) that he has chronic sinus infections that our old Dr. hadn't been treating...so we're trying to kick the long-standing infection and wondering what he'll be like when he really feels good! :)

Tres continues to make us wonder what he is going to grow up to be. He is crazy-funny, able to keep up with the other two though he's the youngest and determined that he WILL do whatever it is that they do (and maybe even do it better?). His no-fear policy about life is a little scary for us to watch sometimes! He is very strong-willed, exerting his autonomy about life and being reminded (often) that He's not in charge yet. He is going to be 7 soon. Watch out!
Oh and I have to write about the biggest change in style in our house this summer...we're now officially growing "Hippie Hair"--the two younger boys want their hair to be long "like hippies" (started out wanting to grow "round hair" (afro) but decided that was too hard!). They've been growing it ALL summer. It's pretty funny. Dos' hair tends to grow UP (Round hair might have been more achievable for this dude!) instead of DOWN and Tres' hair tends to grow straight OUT in the back and the top so he looks like Tina Turner's wig more often than not. It's been entertaining to see all the tricks their hair can do. Uno is not into Hippie Hair, he's content to do the "brick wall" at the front and be handsome with little hair. I didn't know boys could care so much about hair! It's entertaining!
1 comment:
Love it!!
Post a Comment