Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Seeing Red

This morning started off with a two hour delay for Dos and Tres because of the snow. Uno awoke with bright red eyes that signaled a call to the Dr.'s office. They could work him in at 1:30. The plumber was scheduled to come sometime between 12 and 2 to address the geyser of a sink in the kitchen. So the morning was spent working from home and entertaining Red-eyed Uno, who was a little sad today. He realized that he might be missing his "Mad Minute" test and that might put him at risk of losing his current 7th place ranking. The top 10 in the Mad Minute get a happy meal at McDonalds--the motivation is clearly fast food for lunch (and a toy!). So we go to the Dr. and see the Nurse Practicioner. Red Eyes asks the nurse if it's possible for your eyeballs to fall out? She says not really. He's relieved, I can tell! She's sure it's pink eye. (me too!)Gives us a Rx and we're off. My phone never rang and the plumber had crystal clear instructions to call my cell when he was on his way. Bummer. So, we get home and low and behold THERE'S A MESSAGE ON THE VOICEMAIL AT HOME FROM THE PLUMBER! I've been without a working sink since Monday night, and the dishes are piling, piling! I take a deep breath and count to 10 as I dial him back. Lady answers the phone, "Oh, I was just calling to schedule an appointment for your service that you've requested." "Um, I've been waiting since noon for him to call and say he was on his way, he was supposed to call my cell phone", I say. "Oh, I called and there was no answer and so I left a message. We'll have to try again tomorrow, he's booked now for the day." Now I'm seeing red just like red-eyed Uno! He's coming tomorrow between 9 and 12. I told her that if he didn't come, I was going to find myself another plumber...no more geysers and NO MORE RED!

No comments: