Monday, February 17, 2014

Five

Five years ago this past weekend, we added a spunky young 7 year old girl to our family. We jumped on the roller coaster with absolutely NO idea what we were in for, just simply that God told us very clearly what to do and we were going to do it. She needed a family. We were a family. We were going to do this.
And so it began. Crazy roller coaster ride.
Three years later, nearly to the day, she became ours forever officially.
And five years later (2 from the adoption) we're on the other side of some of it and still very much in the trenches of some of it and have no idea on a lot of it.
Has it been easy.
No.
Has it been worth it?
Yes.
Has it been the hardest thing we've ever done?
Yes.
Has God been BIG and have we ALL grown?
Yes.
Would I do it again, knowing ALL that I know now (and if I heard Him as clearly as I did then?)?
Yes.

Thank you, God for making this family in your time and in your way.

No comments: