He's more man than boy. I know.
We celebrated the entire weekend.
Friday--his Birthday Eve-- we went to Big Boy for an impromptu family dinner with Granny & Papa, Uncle Tom & Aunt Cheryl, and the Morgans--that's quite a crowd! We took up 3 tables.
Made him wear a birthday hat and an obnoxious birthday button. Sang loudly in the restaurant. Blew out lots of candles.
And ate Coldstone Ice Cream Cake--Birthday cake flavored and Oreo.
Then we had a photo session with the Big Boy and the Birthday Boy and ALL of his adoring people.
He woke up on his Birthday morn and was taken to breakfast by Granny and Papa. Blueberry Crepes for breakfast. Poor guy.
Nick, Brennan's best-good-buddy came over for the day.
Saturday night we went to the Great Darke County Fair to the Crash Up Derby.
Listened to a birthday announcement over the loud speaker in his honor. Then took in the crash em' ups. That night we added Joey to our gang. Took everyone home to hibernate for a bit.
Sunday, Shawn took the kids to church and then he and ALL of the boys (6 boys) headed south to the Paintball Blast Zone Fields for an afternoon of paintball.
They had a fabulous time. They all came home in love with the sport (only Aidan and Nick had played before). Shawn said, "I told them it was probably good for me that I didn't play earlier in my life or I'd have been home with them less and out there more." ;)
Birthday $ purchases were made the following week--a complete paintball ensemble for the 14 year old so he can go more often. Big boys are fun.
Things I love about you this year:
- your Blart voice. "Do not die. Do not die."
- your tender heart.
- your unending creativity.
- your obnoxious drive to do something. (even if it includes melting glass jars and ruining pans--hey at least you learned something!)
- your reflective nature--"I've been thinking...."
- your growing relationship with God that is all yours.
- your willingness to stick it out in a tough situation.
- your empathy for others.
- your black and white way of seeing things.
- your hilarious sense of humor.
Brennan, you are growing into a fine young man. I love you. I'm SO proud of you.




2 comments:
Well said!
Post a Comment