Saturday, January 1, 2011

1-1-11

A new year.
A fresh start.
A new beginning.
The sun is shining and it's nearly 50 degree's today in Ohio.
Seriously.
Reflects the status of my heart.
Yeah, I know winter will be back with a punch soon enough...I know, I know.
But for today I'm enjoying the spring.
Windows open and face to the sun.
Scrubbing the kitchen down-- there's joy in my heart.
Listening to two 9 year old girls croon to Band Hero Taylor Swift, putting away the Christmas decorations, making new homes for the loot gathered over the celebration days and decluttering some of the spaces that are brimming full with junk--joy.
Unexplainable joy.
Well maybe a little explainable.
Last week as I took the boys to snowboarding camp and sat in the Lodge and earned official Lodge Lizard status...I caught up on my blog reading. In my reading I came across a book called, "One Thousand Gifts--a Dare to Live Fully Right Where You Are" by Ann Voskamp. It's not out yet in paper form, but was available on Kindle. I bought it immediately and began soaking it in. It's been such a gift to me. That very day I began reading, I realized that God has been leading me to this readiness to live fully.
#1: In November I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism. Didn't have a clue until that moment and yet when I started taking the medicine and reading about it more, realized that I'd been blowing off the symptoms....the foggy thinking, thick-tongued-speech, tiredness, weight gain no matter what. The Dr. said it would take a while to notice a difference in how I felt. Only it didn't take a while, it took 3 days. By the third day I felt like I'd been plugged in and recharged and my light was on green again.
#2: About the same time, I was presented with the opportunity to pursue a new job...HERE in my own hometown in my own children's school district. I jumped at the chance. And I KNEW that God was going to provide me with this position. The timing of the events and the way things happened made me just KNOW it was a gift from Him. So with minor hesitation I availed myself and begin on Monday!
#3: The book. Within the first few pages of reading He was stirring me. Teaching me. And I'm SO excited to embrace this change in perspective.
So--it's joy today...being able to clean and still have energy left to do something else. Enjoying the moments with my girls while the boys are away at a friend's watching football. Being excited about the new year and the opportunities for God to teach me and take me on new adventures.

SO. Very. Thankful. For His gifts!


No comments: