Friday, March 19, 2010

Provision

A few weeks ago I felt like I'd heard from the Lord that my "word" for the coming weeks was "Provision". Not my provision, but His. I had a LONG list of things I was concerned about, taking to Him, over and over again. I felt like I'd heard very clearly from Him that I was not to take any steps to provide for those requests, just simply take them to Him. It's been so fun to see how He provides. I wanted to make a list here so that I can remember those things later.
So here it goes....
*Finances. Uggh, I.HATE.money. But I realize the necessity of it. We have some huge things approaching soon and sooner (what is it they say about death and taxes?). But I've been able to take all of that and lay it on Him. Unbeknownst to me, my husband approached his boss about a raise (VERY bold for him and unexpected!)--and he got a raise! Woo Hoo! And, he also applied for a part time job (another post altogether, for sure, but just a limited time kind of thing that would be super cool!). Not sure if this is how God is thinking it's all going to be accomplished, but just a huge sign to me that it's NOT mine to figure out, because those are NOT things I would have suggested! :) How cool!
*Washing Machine Woes. Our washer has been on the fritz since the beginning of February. We ordered a part. Didn't fix it. Kept overflowing. Trying to SAVE money and not spend money does not do much for said washer. So we (read my dear husband!) dealt with it, standing watch while it filled and sometimes it overflowing. He posted about his adventures on fb and two weeks ago an old friend called and said, "Hey I read on fb that you might need a washer? I have one that I'd be happy to bring to you if you want it." :) How cool is that? Not only provided a beautiful, WORKING, machine but DELIVERED it too! Yippee!
*Date Night. My hubby and I have not had a night away together in over a year--since Hawaii last January! Last week I went to a conference in Columbus and he made arrangements for his Dad to come and stay with the kids so that he could join me in Columbus for the night. We had the best time, just spending TIME together without the pressures of the rest of the family. What a fun respite. Oh and because it was business for me--it only cost us gas to get there and back for him. PRO-VIS-ION!
*Boy #2 needed a 504 plan at school to make accommodations for the state achievement test--we've been going around and around with the school since last fall about getting that accomplished. Frustrating. Silly. Hoop-jumping. It's just been crazy. But, again, I felt like the Lord was telling me to go through the process. We did (and man, was it ever a process!). Last week they called and told us that it would be two more meetings before we actually got the paperwork finalized. I was grumpy about that and then decided to just lay it down--let God provide (Cause' He said!). I've been praying and praying about it. Yesterday was the meeting. We walked in and the Student Services Director was filling out the paperwork for the 504! No discussion. No Mama Bear showing her claws. Just filling out paperwork (that could've been filled out before the meeting, but that's not the point!!). I was shocked (though I tried to be nonchalant about the whole thing!) and it was accomplished! He's all set--and even better off than I could have hoped for. Woo-EE!
Those are the major ones--there are a bunch more that I will add later. I just think it's amazing that God, the God of the Universe, cares about little old me and my world. Money, Date nights, 504 plans, overflowing washing machines--but He does. He does. He does! He WANTS to provide for our needs when we ask Him and let Him do it His way.

"You do not have because you do not ask" James 4:2b

1 comment:

Shawn said...

Date Night. We had dinner, went to a book store. As I tell the story, we actually made money on the trip after we factored Elisha's mileage reimbursement!