Just when I was beginning to think that life might be getting back to normal again...well, it's not. And normal is over-rated anyway, right?! I went back to work last week Thursday and Friday. I was feeling better and we had some important things at work to do, so I went back. It was good to be back. I really love my job and what I get to do. But maybe I was pushing it to be back so soon? I don't know.
Over the weekend, I started to feel yucky again. Then Sunday I started to have pain on the right side. Monday I woke up with the pain and really felt like I might be getting the flu or something. I went to my family dr. and she told me that she felt like the pain I was having was from the stone in my kidney and that I needed to go to the ER. So I did. 7 hours later--after a CT scan showed no changes in the stone and bloodwork showed no infection, I was discharged with pain meds and advice to see my urologist again. Uggh. I came home and slept--one of the best 12 hours of rest I've had during this whole thing. I woke up today feeling rested and like I might be getting better. I took a shower--which totally wipes me out and crawled back in my bed to rest and wait for the Dr. to call and tell me what to do. He just called. He said that he doesn't see anything in the information from last night's ER visit that makes him think that the pain I have is from the stone. He doesn't think that moving up the surgery is going to make any difference. Yeah, there's blood in my urine and it looks like I could be working on an infection, but that's not likely from the stone. So, basically, it's not his issue. Talk to your Family Dr. and see what they want to do with you....and I'll see you on Dec. 8th for the surgery to get rid of the stone for good. Nice.
So, I'm feeling like a ping-pong ball. Passing back and forth between doctors who have no idea what is going on with me. I have pain. I could take the pain killers and ignore the pain and just be happy (what I'd really like to do!) but I have a nagging feeling that by doing that I'd be covering up something else that my body is trying to tell me. So I just called my family dr.. She had the results from last night too. She thinks it could be related to my PCOS (poly cystic ovaries) and that I should have another ultrasound to look at that. So now it's more tests for me. More waiting. Hopefully an answer? Or maybe just another hit toward ANOTHER dr. for more questions. Being the ball is dizzying and disheartening--and wearing me out!
No comments:
Post a Comment