I think one of the reasons that I became a teacher is that you encounter so many fresh starts during the year. A new school year=new teacher, new friends, new classes. Each 9 weeks you get to take a grade and then start ALL over--try again if it wasn't so great or keep rolling if it was and do it again! I LOVE the beginning of the school year for that reason too. Everyone is so upbeat, refreshed and rarin' to go! All is good. Expectations are high for everyone.
So at our house we're experiencing the "high of the fresh start".....
I have a new job which so far has been so much fun and challenging, too.
Brennan starts 5th grade tomorrow (and turns 11 on Tuesday!!)
Aidan starts 3rd grade tomorrow
Chasity starts 2nd grade tomorrow
Evan starts 2nd grade tomorrow
Shawn--um, well, he's not doing anything too new except being home for the kids before and after school (which is SO good for US!)--but he's excited about everyone else's fresh starts.
I'm sure in a few weeks reality will settle in on all of us and we'll be back in the groove of counting down the days until the next vacation day, but for now...
Our house is enjoying the fresh start.
I'm reminded that God is a fan of fresh starts too.
22 Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed,
for his compassions never fail.
23 They are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness.
24 I say to myself, "The LORD is my portion;
therefore I will wait for him."
No comments:
Post a Comment