Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Crazy Monday

So Monday was a marathon day for us! 
It began with getting everyone up and going and those who needed hygienic movements--bathed. Evan took more than his share of hot water because Shawn and I were distracted by other projects and before we knew it the hot water tank was E-M-P-T-Y. Poor Prince had to take a cold shower and I decided to just wait it out and take a shower when the water got warm. For the record, we have a large hot water tank...so for us to be out meant that our Evan had basked in warm water for a long time! He's no fool--nobody bothering him to get out, hey, he'll stay! 
It was Crazy Hat Monday at Chasity's school in celebration of Dr. Seuss Week. We couldn't find any crazy hats--so I made one (read project above in the hot water debacle!). I took it to show her in the bathroom and she laughed out loud and said, "That is crazy!". I wasn't sure she'd wear it because she was very excited to show off her "new do" from Sunday. Here she is getting ready to walk out the door to school....

"This is a CRAZY hat!"

Practicing her book for school...she really is working hard!

So everyone finally made it out the door to school and work for Crazy Monday. I didn't get back home until 9:00 last night, because I'm teaching on Monday nights this semester (although next week is spring break--YIPPEE!). The family had hosted our House Church group and had baked spaghetti for dinner.  I got home in time to tuck them all in and say goodnight! 
Now on to Tuesday!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Sooo creative...and in a pinch, too! She looks so happy, Lish! Still praying for you all!

Love you,
S